What is an Old Hall Volunteer?
Volunteering at the Old Hall is a new opportunity. Volunteers will assist with a variety of tasks to help prepare the Old Hall and its grounds for visitors, school groups and events. Working with the small Old Hall team they assist with general upkeep tasks, ensuring visitors have an opportunity to visit this hidden gem at the heart of the Tatton estate.
The Old Hall is the oldest surviving building at Tatton with parts dating back to 1490; it was the Manor house until the new Mansion was built in the 18th Century. Set within its own walls in the middle of the estate it is primarily used for school visits, with a future view to holding historically themed events such as Medieval Fayres and Viking days, open air theatre and also guided tours to general visitors throughout the summer.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a small team helping to preserve and care for the Old Hall and grounds
- Satisfaction of helping facilitate visitors and school parties’ access to Old Hall
- Opportunity to be involved with event planning and preparation tasks working with external contractors
- Wide variety of tasks, flexible days to suit
What will you help with?
- General grounds maintenance and presentation work such as mowing using a ride on mower, hover mower and use of a strimmer
- Preparing logs for fires, pruning and lopping small branches
- Flattening mole hills and rabbit scrapes
- Helping set up gazebos and tents for events
- Helping to maintain the rooms and collection in the hall
- Assisting with decorating Old Hall interiors for themed events
- Being involved in other activities where we could use your help
This role will suit people who….
Enjoy working as part of a small team, carrying out a variety of straightforward manual tasks, both indoor and outdoor in a unique historical environment.
Location Tatton Park, Old Hall
Time Commitment Flexible
Volunteer Manager Jon Barber
Tel: 01625 374432
What to wear/bring Work clothes, boots and packed lunch
Expenses Please see Expense Guidance in the Volunteer Handbook
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.