Farm Family Fun
Things to do on a visit to the Farm:
- Meet all of the rare-breed animals, old and new to the Farm.
- Explore the seasonal maize maze, with slightly different layouts than usual to keep every safe while having fun!
- Explore the impressive 18th Century Mill - find out more on a guided tour and watch the historic machinery in action.
- Talk to characters from the past and present like Aunt Mary making butter in the Caretaker's Cottage.
- Listen to soundscapes in the Slaughterhouse - learn how slaughter was carried out in the past and about good animal husbandry today. (Please note that this part of the visitor experience is optional and may not be suitable for all ages).
- The woodland trail, den building and all-weather tractor play areas bring young imaginations to life.
- Enjoy food demonstrations such as cheese making and experience traditional farming techniques including, hand milking and sheep sheering (contact the Farm before your visit to find out if and when food demos are running).
- Check out the events listing for seasonal events.
- Enjoy a picnic.
The Farm is also a great setting for a children's party - fun and hands-on!