Field to Fork: Where Does My Food Come From?
Due to a recent investment, we are now able to offer a selection of new schools workshops. All sessions are cross curricular (including STEM subjects) and encourage children to consider where their food comes from.
*We will be adding to this offer over the next 12 months, but are also happy to accept bespoke requests at no additional cost.*
History of Farming:
- Suitable for Key Stage 2 & 3
- AIM: to educate children about how farming and agricultural methods have changed over time
- Includes sessions on: cultivation of crops, animal husbandry, food production (from field to fork) and traditional farming techniques
- NOTE: includes discussions around meat production and a visit to a historic slaughterhouse. Our team are equipped to sensitively handle this workshop, but we are happy to discuss and adapt this element on request
- LINKS: History (inc. Local History) and STEM