Tatton Dale Farm: HLF Project
An exciting new project at Tatton Dale Farm
Heritage Lottery Funding to develop the Farm and tell the story of Two Centuries of ‘Field to Fork’ alongside our current working farm & animals
Tatton Dale Farm in Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire has recently received Heritage Lottery funding to help tell the story of food production for a large country estate from the late 18th century to the 1950s. This page explains what we are trying to achieve in the first stage of this project and encourage as many people as possible to participate in our consultation to further shape our ideas. It's exciting times ahead, as work on the project is due to start this May, and we hope you will all join us the for the launch of 'Field to Fork' in April 2018
The ‘field to fork’ story will be told through the mouths of former farm workers and the estate family members, the farm buildings (some of which will be open to the public for the first time), machinery, animals and traditional agricultural skills. A visit will provide an intriguing and enjoyable exploration of this uniquely well-preserved window into the story of farming and food production at Tatton Park.
Visitors will discover more about:
- Tatton Dale people: lives of the family and the workers
- Change and Technology: how the farm used agricultural innovation to increase production and efficiency
- Tatton Dale Farm: a unique survivor of one of the first industrial farms
- Our food’s journey: how food is grown and reared and why that’s important to us today
- Rare native breeds: how the traditional animals kept at Tatton Dale help to conserve the UK’s rich and varied livestock
Explore Tatton Dale Farm and you will discover a rare survivor of the agricultural and industrial revolutions, a site where people working the land experienced the dramatic transitions in rural life and food production, driven by revolutions in technology which shaped how food is brought to your table and the social fabric of our nation.
There will be activities and events for everyone including:
- Get involved and have a go at cooking, butter and cheese making, salting and spicing meat.
- State of the art multimedia, live demonstrations and drama to bring stories to life.
- Opportunities to see demonstrations such as horse ploughing, milking a cow by hand, feeling the power of the steam powered grind mill.
- Be a volunteer at Tatton Dale Farm, help us to tell the story and be part of this exciting project
- Education / Schools There will also be full programme for schools tailored to the new curriculum
We are looking for volunteers to help us with this exciting new project – get in touch if you are interested, or tell us what you think of our ideas as the project develops:
If you would like to find out more or input into this project and help us develop things further please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org