Recent Covid-19 updates
A message for our visitors…
Following the latest nationwide lockdown announcement, we have reviewed our opening plans based on detailed government guidance.
Government guidance currently indicates that outdoor public places including parks, countryside, playgrounds and public gardens (whether or not you pay to enter them), can remain open to allow exercise or to visit outdoor public places subject to guidance on travel and numbers of people who can meet together.
Tatton Park’s Parkland and Gardens will remain covid-safe and open to visitorsduring the lockdown period (from Thurs 5th Nov to Wed 2nd Dec).
If you have already paid for a ticket for either of these attractions and you would prefer not to visit us during this time, you can either:
- transfer your visit to another day at any time over the next 12 months (we will send you a complimentary Totally Tatton Ticket which gives you entry to the Gardens, Mansion and Farm) or,
- contact us for a full ticket refund.
If you are a National Trust member who has booked free Garden entry, you can use your pre-paid Vehicle Park entry tickets at any time over the next 12 months.
Other visitor facilities, including toilets, will remain open, along with the Stables take-away and Housekeeper’s Store for refreshments and to purchase local and estate food produce.
Farm – we’re sorry that due to the new government guidelines the Farm is unable to open during the lockdown period. If you have booked Farm tickets for any weekend during November, these will be automatically refunded within 28 days. If your booking for the Farm included tickets to the Parkland or Gardens in the same transaction, these will automatically be cancelled and refunded at the same time. If you still wish to visit the Parkland and Gardens (which will remain open) you will need to rebook and repay.
Father Christmas at the Farm – we’re sorry that Father Christmas will not now be able to visit the Farm on the weekend of the 28/29 November. Tickets to this special weekend event (28/29 Nov only) will therefore be automatically refunded within 28 days.
Other dates for Father Christmas at the Farm after the Lockdown ends (currently Dec 2nd) will currently continue as planned. Unfortunately, this event is now sold out, so we are unable to move your ticket booking to another date in December.
If your booking for the Farm on 28/29 November included tickets to the Parkland or Gardens in the same transaction, these will automatically be cancelled and refunded at the same time. Any visitors wishing to visit the Parkland and Gardens (which will remain open) will need to rebook and repay.
Apart from the Farm on 28/29 November, we are currently intending that all our Christmas festivities in December (including Holly’s Garden Feast from 28 Nov) will go ahead as advertised in line with the recent government advice. We will communicate any changes on our social media channels and website, so please keep an eye out for updates.
We appreciate your understanding and support of Tatton Park during these difficult times.
Enjoy a safe visit with us
Things may look a little different from the last time you visited, as we have implemented new safety measures. Here's what you can expect:
- All visits to Tatton Park's Gardens must be pre-booked online in advance of your visit where you can choose a timed entry. This is to help reduce queues and limit the numbers.
- Hand sanitising stations across the site.
- Safe (and one -way) queueing systems.
- Screens at all payment points.
- Increased cleaning regimes.
- Following Government advice, please wear a face covering where appropriate (unless excempt).
- A friendly welcome - visit the Welcome Building (located next main car park) to speak to a member of staff about your visit.
- As coronavirus measures are constantly changing, please take a look at the latest government guidelines before travelling to visit us. For a full list of local Covid alert levels by area visit www.gov.uk website (opens in a new window)
We have also been awarded the Visit Britain ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard mark, awarded to organisations that have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have necessary risk assessments in place, and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.